Forever.....................

 
I was so happy,
Every time you smiled at me,
With a smile that melted away everything.

Hence I always wanted to be your sky,
And envelope your sadness.
Whenever you looked up, you would know you are not alone.
Even if you are far away,
You know you have a place to come back.

But off late the space between us has become too big.
Waiting for your honest reply,
Has made me lonely.
Although today is hard to bear,
Even when yesterdays scars remain,
I will work out with a heart that wants to trust.
Coz I can’t be born again.
But I can change as I go on.
Let’s stay together,
Forever.............




Written for :
Thursday Poets’ Rally Week 57  &  Gooseberry Garden



Thank you Thursday Poets Rally for the Perfect Poem Award.
I nominate JAY for the next award.


 

14 comments:

Marbles in My Pocket said...

Wonderful words, put together well. Very nice write!
http://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/2011/11/30/the-beast-2/

The Noiseless Cuckooclock said...

charming, smiles.

Anonymous said...

Poignant and youthful; nostalgic.

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

cheerful sentiments, well done.

shail said...

Romantic and sweet :)

Anonymous said...

sweet and hopeful...a nice read...
thanks for sharing...



p.s. i love saya by the way....

Judith C Evans said...

A lovely poem of longing. I especially like "Even when yesterday's scars remain, I will work out with a heart that wants to trust."

Suzy said...

Lovely - that touched my soul.

Hyde Park Poetry Palace said...

notice that you won the perfect poet award for poets rally week 57, welcome take it,


outstanding poetry along the way, truly enjoyed your lasting support.

keep rocking.
smiles.

xoxox

Rohit_blogger at http://floating-expressions.blogspot.in/ said...

cute ,touching and moving...
seems like a postcard being sent to a far away lover!

Purvi said...

I couldn't ask for a better poem to suit my mood. Fantastic.. though, ofcourse, sad. Completely relatable.
I am reachable at:
http://puplumages.wordpress.com/2011/11/27/the-doomed-dark-star-of-hope/

Anjum Wasim Dar said...

smiles make our day and keep us happy.

Anonymous said...

very well written, "Waiting for your honest reply,Has made me lonely.". Waiting is such a sweet feeling as well as such a pain, specially when you are lonely, nicely put across, overall awesome, thanks for the poem :)

Anonymous said...

Greetings:

Hope that you have had a great Merry Christmas.

Thanks for the delightful support along the way,

Happy New Year.

Share a piece of your poetry today at our week 19 poetry picnic,

Have fun!

Sending you love and blessings.
Cheers.

xoxox